The Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility is responsible for all Saint-Petersburg State Agrarian University’s (SPbSAU) international activity.
The work of the Center is regulated by the Regulations on the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility of FSBEI HE SPbSAU.
The main functions of the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility are:
- designing and organizing the events on the development of SPbSAU’s international cooperation to ensure its position as the internationally recognized educational and scientific center, training highly qualified specialists for Russia and foreign countries;
- interacting with foreign organizations and embassies to establish and fulfill the international relations with SPbSAU;
- ensuring the export of SPbSAU’s educational services in order to attract foreign citizens for studying at main and supplementary educational programs.
The Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility includes:
- Department of international cooperation;
- Department of visa and migration support;
- Preparatory department for foreign citizens.
Department of international cooperation fulfils the following functions:
- Participating in the professional orientation in order to attract foreign citizens to study at main and supplementary educational programs;
- Monitoring and analyzing current international agendas of the university’s departments and finding potential opportunities of international cooperation for them;
- Preparing agreements, protocols and other normative documents connected with the realization of different forms of cooperation;
- Organizing the participation of SPbSAU’s students and staff in the international academic mobility and students exchange programs;
- Informing SPbSAU’s students and staff about working international programs and agreements;
- Control and accounting of main quantitative indicators of University’s international activities, preparing analytical and resource materials about University’s international activities;
- Preparing the publication of promotional materials about SPbSAU in foreign languages;
- Organizing and hosting visits by official international delegations;
- Considering international correspondence (including one from diplomatic missions and consular authorities of Russian Federation) on international cooperation, organizing the consideration of issues indicated in the correspondence;
- assistance in making documents of students and staff for trips abroad;
- preparing the information in foreign languages for publishing on the website of SPbSAU.
Department of visa and migration support fulfils the following functions:
- methodical and information support for international students on the migration and visa regime of Russian Federation;
- interactions with the respective university’s departments on the following issues: students’ recruitment, admission and accommodation of foreign students in the university’s hostels;
- making invitations for foreign citizens arriving to the university for studying or conducting educational and scientific activity;
- consulting the representatives of university’s departments on the paperwork for admission of international students and their studying;
- admission, control and making documents for migration registration of international citizens and for educational visas;
- controlling the compliance of migration registration deadlines by international students;
- preparing analytical and resource materials connected with the department’s responsibilities.